Wednesday 15 January 2014

Using Multitrack DAW

Multitrack DAW EQ and Compression
I've just discovered a way of working and using the apps I have to their potential.

Garageband is so great to record as you have limited options and therefore don't get bogged down with detail that stops the creative flow but on the iphone there aren't even any options for using eq. So I use Garageband for tracking and then transfer the individual tracks to Multitrack DAW where I can eq and compress the individual tracks and master eq and compress. The only drag is that there is only one BUS send to the FX but not individual for each track so you can only use one effect on the whole mix. I'm now looking at how to defeat this using an 'outboard' app utilising Audioshare. Still, we are talking about mutitracking and mastering on a phone here! So I guess I should be grateful for this amazing facility! 

No comments:

Post a Comment