Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Purple Christmas Pudding Clause

We recorded a Christmas Carol 'In The Bleak Midwinter' over the last few days whenever we got the chance. It's a favourite carol of Rachel's and one I also love. 

http://youtu.be/DY6bsqO2IvE 

Rachel recorded the vocals in one take and where I would normally be looking to make sure that we had the right take with the tuning accurate etc, it was such a lovely authentic and uneffected vocal that I decided that we had to keep it. 


She was busy baking mince pies when I called her over to record the vocals.

This is our recording studo, which is basically our dinning table with a bit of equipment. We are still using the iphone to record and make videos on. Of course it has massive limitations to record like this but it means that we record in a relaxed way and I can then edit and mix from anywhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment