Tuesday 12 November 2013

Rainy Monday Vocals & Piano

We recorded some vocals and piano last night for the Pascal Pinon track. I'd never recorded vocals before on the iphone. We have a very cheap SM58 copy which I put through the Joe Meek Vocal Compressor and EQ thing before going into Garageband. The Joe Meek is amazing and something I used extensively when I was producing,  Its always a strange moment for me when you put vocals on the track. All of the overdubs that you have worked hard on get put totally into perspective as the vocals become the dominant thing. It takes a while to get them to sit in the track but Rachel did fantastically and sang in a knew, unexpected and great way.

We also put some live piano on that isn't quite right but has some good ideas amongst the doodling. Rachel was preparing food so there's some nice ambient clattering of dishes going on! I then put an idea down with the Midid Synth app which sounds right sonically but needs some refining.

No comments:

Post a Comment